Along the Tin Coast
"The storms roll in, day by day, week by week, month by month.
I have set myself a task of traveling along the Tin Coast from Nanjulian in the south-east to St Ives in the north-west at sea level where the Cornish miners were prospecting for tin.
I am recording my journey using a number of sketch books and mixed medias, a camera taking images and short videos and small clay slabs for making textural images.
On my journey along the beaches below the cliffs I have to be aware of the tides and changes in weather as at most times I am in a very vulnerable position.
There are many exits that I can take up the cliffs and they have to be checked and recorded before I start each stage of the journey. I have to accept that I cannot travel the whole of this part of the coastline at sea level because of the structure of the sea cliffs but thats all part of the challenge of the project."
1. At Peace, Nanjulian
2. Fallen Boulders, Nanjulian
3. All Quiet at Nanjulian
4. Land’s End Light
5. Tides Out, Priest’s Cove
6. The Brisons at Priest’s Cove
7. Porth Ledden Beach
8. The Boulder Field, Porth Ledden
9. The Dry at Levant Mine
10. Mill Zawn
11. Incoming Tide, Polpry Cove
12. The Pressure is Falling, Priest’s Cove
13. Catching the Spray, Priest’s Cove
14. High Tide at Priest’s Cove
15. Rough Sea, Priest’s Cove
16. Towards Cape Cornwall
17. Stormy Sea, Trewellard Zawn
18. The Cliffs near Trewellard Zawn
23. Incoming Tide, Porth Nanvern
24. The Cape Crusaders, taking a dip
25. By the Slip, Priest’s Cove
26. Fallen Boulders, Porth Nanvern
27. A Grey Day, Nanjulian
28. Off the Slip, Priest’s Cove
"I am recording my journey using a number of sketch books and mixed medias, a camera taking images and short videos and small clay slabs for making textural images. "
29. Low Tide, Porth Nanvern
30. Porth Nanvern
31. The Tin Coast from Mill Zawn
32. Low Tide, Cape Cornwall
33. Stormy Sea, Cape Cornwall
34. The Brisons off Cape Cornwall
35. The Viking Invasion, Priest’s Cove
36. The Crowns, Botallack
37. Low Tide at the Slip, Priest’s Cove